Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Artist Blog 11: CousCous Kids

The work of CousCous is of Matthew Thomas of Bath, England. His art consists of paintings, photos, and design. His art work caught my eye because of the colors and abstract objects and unique style. This is the kind of work that I would like to create when pursuing the graphic design career. Thomas's focus in his art is mainly femininity. He connects with a childish side in a deep and twisted way. I personally love this!! His art is so fascinating. Every piece I look at I see something new and interesting.
The Butterfly's Ball
The Butterfly's Ball is a fascinating work with a brilliant color scheme. Many of Thomas's pieces are done with a model. From this piece i can see that this women was going to a ball because of the fancy head dress and face makeup. While looking deep into this art work there is a mix of organic and geometric shapes. The random placement of these shapes I feel like create a deeper meaning. To me the head looks like it is coming out of another dimension. This is because the shapes and colors create that effect.

Hallmark is a great example of a photo mixed with design. I love this picture because of the colors and the use of a photograph edited with photoshop materials (paintbrushes) Thomas's artwork has inspired me to start working more on projects like these. 

Hallmark 

No comments:

Post a Comment