Thursday, October 6, 2011

Artist Blog 5: Helmut Smits

Where do we draw the line of what is art and what is not art? Helmut Smits is one of those artists that you may see his work and not think it is art. That is what I thought when I started to look at his work. After reading the titles of the pieces I could see how it could possibly be art. By using ready made objects and altering them slightly he creates art.
Two Beams Saying Hi 
Real Life Photoshop #1
At frist glance I thought this was nothing, I didn't get it. After I looked at the title I thought to myself "oh that is cute" To me beams are always so far away from each other they don't really have a friend and can't say hi to each other very often. For some reason I like it, I have no idea why I like it. It may be because of the concept of the beams saying hi to each other. In the other piece Real Life Photoshop Part #1 made me laugh. THis piece i think is so funny. I feel like he is pocking fun at people today, because people are becoming lazy and not wanting to pick up or clean, so if they want to take a picture but they don't want to pick up trash that is in their picture they just photoshop the trash out of the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment