Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Artist Blog 19: Gavin Mackey

Eve
Gavin Mackey recreated Pokemon into his own creation. Honestly these recreations are disgusting and hideous! I am a Pokemon lover and when I saw these I through up in my mouth a little. But after looking at them a couple times they are kinda funny. He adds brutal disgusting features to the cute and adorable Pokemon to give them an old and grungy look.

Mackey's work is very dark but brilliantly executed.  The representation of the characters are great! I can tell exactly wich character is wich. Most of the characters like Charmander look sad and disgusting like they have been through really rough times. The recreation of Qubone looks like he has gained a couple pounds and has aged about thirty years. I think this art is funny because the characters look like they have aged and this is them after their tv lives. It is really funny actually. The artist did a good job and I hope to see more of his work.
Qubone
Charmander

No comments:

Post a Comment