Sunday, December 11, 2011

Artist Blog 23: Don Kenn

Don Kenn grew up in Denmark in the 70's and his child side still has not left him. Kenn creates really cool sketches on a post it notes. I find his art quite comical. I absolutely love it! They are very dark and creepy with a fun childish kick to them. His art tells a short story about monsters. I love the monsters they are all very creative and travel together; there is no piece where a monster is alone. The deer monsters are cute and innocent traveling through the woods. The ghosts crack me up because they are just funny looking and they are picking on a poor emo boy! Kenn was probably a lonely child who was followed around my ghosts that made fun oh him. My favorite monsters are the tree monsters. They are actually kind of cute. All of Kenn's artwork has nature tied into the image. What I like about his drawings are the lines he uses. He uses lines to create the detail in the fur of the monsters and the trees.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment